• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question..

Spud

When cutting on 3m premium control-tac it seems to pick up some sharp points of the vinyl or doesn't cut in certain places.. does a really crappy job.

Usually when there's heavy ink down it's worse even with a 10 min dry time and slowing the cutting speed down to 15cm/sec..

any advice?

Checkers

That sounds like one of several potential issues: a dull blade, bad cutting strip (I forget the proper name), or an improperly adjusted plotter.
What plotter are you using?

Checkers

imaSIGNr

As far as not cutting in places .I think what's happening is where the
blade turns and doesn't cut a sharp corner. The vinyl bunches, and causes the blade to jump. This has been my experience.
Look at the blade close, take it out of the holder. Usually there is crap built up in the holder after time. I even put just a very small drop of wd 40 in the seat of the holder. Possibly need a new blade also.

Spud

Yeah I try and take the crap off the blade if any is on there.. but it doesn't help.. well it does a bit but still has the same outcome usually.. just not as worse.

Spud

K thanks man, i'll let ya know how it turns out//

any advice on the strip? just in case

canadianchef

Strip

The strip is called the Platen Strip. Make sure it is clean and not damaged in any way to insure proper cutting results.
Warm regards !
terry:Canada 2: