• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

question!!!

signwizz

i just installed 2 60"x81" prints on glass nice and flat and i had a bitch of a time getting it to lay flat doing a wet application i hinged from top and sprayed window and vinyl ....Should i be using a larger squegee or less pressure then when i do etched windows it seemed to stretch causing wrinkles that would not go away.
any help would be appreciated
shane

greglauter

I hinge from the top, spray RapidTac App Fluid on window, pull backing and use a felt squeegee (center left, center right) moderate pressure all the way down and works like a charm. I think you may have used too much pressure as mentioned and possibly not enough fluid on the glass?

Circleville Signs

Sounds exactly like too much pressure. Also, you don't state whether the print was laminated or not. If it wasn't laminated, then you DEFINITELY need to mask it before application.

Could also be a situation where you used too much application fluid.

pisko

just did a couple windows 60" x 38". Oracal 8510 actually printed on it then applied. First couple I had problems with even doing it wet. I decided to mask it and top hinge it then apply it wet......made all the difference in the world.. no wrinkles or stretching and only the odd small bubble. You can try masking as I did that might help.

Sticky Signs

Try this. It might be difficult on a vertical surface that size but an extra set of hand would help. Get yourself a shower squeegee. Spray the window with rapid tack. Remove your backing paper and spray adhesive with rapid tac. Place vinyl on window. Spray face of vinyl (so squeegee slides around freely). Use shower squeegee to remove rapid tac and bubbles. Works like a charm for wet apps - especially if the vinyl is prone to scratching. I've also seen guys do it with two sqeegees - a soft one for the initial rub down and a firmer one to add some extra pressure.

Double Diamond

I notice the temp of the surface plays a factor too. It is July, so I tend to cover them with transfer tape. Window perf is especially sensative to heat. Lots of water and we only install in the early hours if it's outdoors, but we're in west Texas... hittin 100 degrees now. Hope that helps... Joe

tintguy31794

Try this. It might be difficult on a vertical surface that size but an extra set of hand would help. Get yourself a shower squeegee. Spray the window with rapid tack. Remove your backing paper and spray adhesive with rapid tac. Place vinyl on window. Spray face of vinyl (so squeegee slides around freely). Use shower squeegee to remove rapid tac and bubbles. Works like a charm for wet apps - especially if the vinyl is prone to scratching. I've also seen guys do it with two sqeegees - a soft one for the initial rub down and a firmer one to add some extra pressure.

Bingo,

I've never used anything bigger than a 4" hard card.

I do have a tool called the orange crush.. its mainly for window tint, but works well with laminated prints.