• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Questions about Epson GS6000

Felix Sepulveda

Hi All, I have a fine art printing business in the Dominican Republic. I have been looking (for a while) the most convenient way for me to enter the solvent market. The Epson GS6000 is a very tempting printer. I had the opportunity to be in a demonstration from a local vendor but I have some questions for real users, please answer as you can or wish. I need help.

1. Would you buy it again over a similar spec Roland ?
2. Is maintenance really low and easy as advertised ?
3. Are the inks comparable in adhesion to eco-solvent
4. Aspects of the printer that need improvement ?
5. Would it be a good choice for a first time user ?

Thanks a lot:thankyou:

Felix Sepulveda

Looks like I made a bad question. I just want to know if your impressions after several months of usage is as good as in the beginning. There are no real users in my country to find out. Thanks.

AUTO-FX

There were a lot of good things said about this printer at ISA in Orlando, and the demo printing I saw was very nice. I am considering this printer myself.

jmcnicoll

Only issue I have with the printer is the take up system. Seems to work fine for up to a half of a roll, but more than that and there's problems.

I've cleaned ours once in 4 months and will probably clean it again this week.

jim

solock

we use the GS6000 for printing on canvas almost exclusively for fine art printing, and couldnt be happier. Not sure of what else is out there in the fine art worls, but what fine art papers we've tried we havent been satisfied with.

Aqueous does a better job for 100% cotton, or 100% cellulose fine arts. Just not a deep or saturated print on the gs6000. Still looking for a fine art paper, but on canvas the machine rocks...

jmcnicoll

I have also run canvas on our GS6000 with great results. Using canvas from a new supplier call Big Dog Media Solutions (bigdogms.com).

jim

solock

We are currently using Epson's Canvas GS. Not the cheapest, but cheaper than aqueous canvas, and will stay till the image longevity numbers start to be made public for it and the others. We also print on 7 different materials from dreamscape and sell them as gallery wraps too. Cheaper and beautiful textures. The Epson GS canvas regularly has buy1get1 or buy1 get 1 50% off deals, so the price is similar to most other solvent canvases.

Markus59

The answer to your first question would be No, not until Epson gets the bugs out of this machine. The second question again would be No, we have had this machine about 15 months and it has been down for a little over 3 weeks in that period of time, this last time was out of warranty and cost over $2000 and I'm not sure the problem has been solved yet. I will say that when this printer is working it produces great looking prints, but it has too many faults as of now to recommend it to anyone.