• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Quick question about printing in 360x360 mode

RoCo

I'm running a JV-250SP outfitted for dye sub. We have an annual job where print quality is not really an issue (viewing conditions allow for it), but it's huge, square footage-wise. I decided this year to run it in the fastest mode I can print which is the 360x360, low quality, bidirectional. But the issue I'm having is that the start / stop points on successive passes aren't lining up (about 1/16" stagger). If I print it in unidirectional they line up perfectly, of course, but that doubles your production time. I recently did a print head alignment from the ground up, so I don't think that is the problem, and I couldn't find any alignment checks that addressed this particular issue. Again, it's not the end of the world and I can still run this job in bidirectional with the staggering, but I was wondering if there actually is an adjustment I can make or if "it is what it is," so to speak.

Thanks for any advice.

Make sure that you are performing a Bi-Directional Alignment Calibration, and not a printhead alignment calibration.

RoCo

Make sure that you are performing a Bi-Directional Alignment Calibration, and not a printhead alignment calibration.

All of my other speeds / modes line up perfectly from the head alignment I did previously. I've been searching for some kind of strictly "bi-directional alignment" procedure, but have not come across one, yet. Can I go into maintenance section and then specify the 360x360 mode and then perform the bidirectional alignment from there? Maybe I'm missing something else.

FWIW, I'm using TexPrint RIP (again, dye sub) and I spec the print environment (color profile, fabric, speed, resolution) of the printer when I rip the file.

gregwallace

There are three things that affect bidirectional alignment. Carriage speed (left and right), head height, and the bidirectional setting on your printer. The resolution and pass count wont make any difference. Does your rip software have an adjustable carriage speed setting? Did you change the head height for this job?

When you say staggered you don't mean that the edge of your print looks like stairs veering off to the left or right do you? That would be an encoder/encoder strip issue.