• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Quickbook Cloud login question

Andy D

We invoice via Quickbook cloud (which I detest).
I would much rather input my invoice from my office computer
at the end of the day rather than the cr@ppy front counter computer.
Anyone know if I install QuickBooks on my computer and logged off of the front computer, would
I be able to log in using the same licence?

bannertime

On QBO you get three users to start. So our front desk has a limited access user and I have a personal "admin" user and the owner has his. So you can use any user on any computer at any time. Even if it's logged in somewhere else. Now, I don't think that answers your question at all.

QB Pro has three users as well I believe and you'll be able to install QB Pro onto as many computers as you have users. As long as that computer has network access to the computer with the company file.

Which ticks me off that I just realized this. I've been using QBO and hate it as well. We have QB Pro for our other business which only uses one user. So I can take the other two users for myself since QB Pro allows for "unlimited" companies. Woohoo!

buggyjr12

QB Pro has three users as well I believe and you'll be able to install QB Pro onto as many computers as you have users. As long as that computer has network access to the computer with the company file.
This is correct. You can install Quickbooks Pro desktop version on as many computers as you want and they can all open the company file as long as they have acces to it (network) but the company file can only be open on one computer at a time. So, you'd have to close it on your front office computer to be able to open it on your office computer. If you wanted to be able to have it open in multiple locations at once you'd need to buy extra "licenses".

MI Bearcat

Unless I'm confusing your question, the cloud version is online so you don't need to install anything on your computer. Your just using a browser to login online which you can do from any computer with internet access.

WildWestDesigns

Unless I'm confusing your question, the cloud version is online so you don't need to install anything on your computer. Your just using a browser to login online which you can do from any computer with internet access.

I haven't used Quicken in a long time, but as far as I can gather, Quicken Cloud is more about transmitting/syncing your data across devices.

"Cloud" computing term seems to be all over the place as far as the individual software goes. It doesn't necessarily mean that the host software is in the "cloud". For instance, Adobe Creative Cloud, the software is still locally installed, just uses a subscription license method.

MI Bearcat

Not the case with Quickbooks. Now I don't know what would happen if you tried logging in from two separate computers at the same time with the same login if you just had the basic package for one user.

unclebun

There are several levels on QuickBooks Online. The Simple version is single user, the next level is 3 user, the third is 5 user. That means how many can be using the same company file at the same time. But if nobody else is logged on at the same time, even the single user plan can be used on multiple devices. That's supposed to be the advantage of the online plan. You can invoice from a tablet or phone while out in the field, work at the front desk or back office.