• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Quickest way to smooth out Jagged vector in Corel 2020?

Andy D

Way back in the day when I used Inspire, it had a great node cleaning option; you pick two nodes with hundreds of jagged nodes in-between them & it would delete all of the nodes and create a smooth line
that followed the same path... I don't do a whole lot of vector cleaning anymore, but when I do I sure do miss that feature.
Is there anything like that in Corel 2020?

upload_2021-1-25_8-39-32.png

Andy D

Does it still have node reduction? I typically select all of the nodes creating a line like this that should be curved, right click and select curve first, then reduce nodes by some arbitrary amount until I'm down to just a handful of nodes. This is corelx6, can't imagine they removed features though...
It doesn't seem to have it.... There is a reduce nodes button, but it doesn't have any settings and doesn't seem to have any effect.

Andy D

I'm going to answer my own question...
I started using the "smooth" under the shape tool & it does an awesome job, you just click on the line and pull
the tool down & it smooths out the line without changing the shape.

unclebun

I never played with those tools. Attract and repel can do what you are trying to do as well. There are some tools in there that could be used to create the "brushed look" on objects also.