• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Quotes Needed On Small Cut Vinyl

Joel golden

IMG_1337.jpg
Ok y'all, I need something to the effect of what's in the picture. It's tiny and I need to know who can do it and what it's going to cost. Just plotted, weeded, and cut to size (no premask). I'm still waiting for color verification but originally it was red, green and orange 3m 5100 series but I have a feeling it will be fluorescent 3m. Small dots are .1" as are the long rectangle widths (for scale. Ordering in quantities of 100 sets (same color)

**** all pieces will be the same color,unlike the picture above***

RyanT

Director of Entropy
Not sure what you're looking to do, but cut vinyl that small might not stay on a substrate, depending what it is. Very little surface area for the adhesive to hold on with.

When you say "cut to size", do you mean each individual shape needs to be cut out or all the shapes can be left together on their backer?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
If a digital cutter is capable of doing this, our Zund would be. However, I would think that the challenges would present themselves differently with each type of vinyl.

When you figure out what vinyl it needs to be on, send me a 2'x2' sample (or about) of it and a to scale cut file and we can try to cut this out for no charge. We'll send it to you for verification if it works at all.

joelswork

We have decided on using fluorescent similar to Orafol 6510 (doesn't have to be high performance but not a temporary). this is an example of our first attempt for size reference, this would be considered one set.

Attachments

• ssvegproto1.JPG
    ssvegproto1.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 353

joelswork

Not sure what you're looking to do, but cut vinyl that small might not stay on a substrate, depending what it is. Very little surface area for the adhesive to hold on with.

When you say "cut to size", do you mean each individual shape needs to be cut out or all the shapes can be left together on their backer?

We have been experimenting with different sizes and types of vinyl... I'm open to suggestions on what type of vinyl to use that would be agressive enough! I have added an eps zip and a sample from our early prototypes...the lady in the weed room wanted to shoot me when she saw how it cut, but they can't figure out the offset issue and we never run stuff this small (It's all wraps and big fleet stuff here and I don't want to push the issue)

BetaCtz

Run 5-10 of these. Time the plotter run time, and the weeding time. Determine what you need to make on an hourly rate and convert that through your pricing of 100.

I find trying to quote small stuff like this by the square foot usually hurts me in the end. To make it realistic, I run trials and then determine the quote.
It's a bit of a handshake agreement with the client at that point, as I usually would have their business already, based on a "soft quote."

As for offset, both your machine and software should have settings. Run tests on squares, stars, letters, and run a few different options.
Your blade could be dull or cutting strip chewed up, but I'd say it has more to do with offset.

I run small stuff like this all the time on my Graphtec at 0 offset with a 45 degree blade. And very light overcut added through Flexi.

ikarasu

I just did a cut on 7930 series. On a graphtec. A thick vinyl... Just to see if it'd cut. There's a little issue with offset... Which h lead me to realize someone has it setup to use the wrong tool on this settingnever been an issue before... But I guess since it's so small it is. Circles are OK, just the squares weren't. With the proper setting it should be firm and should be doable on any vinyl, except maybe DG/eg.

It is really really small though. I doubt you'll get it to stick on anything without it being able to be lightly flicked off ,. No matter how aggressive the vinyl is.

Is paint not an option?

http://i.imgur.com/XQczrIB.jpg

jfiscus

Rap Master
I would recommend 3M 225 series vinyl and a Gerber sprocket-fed plotter witha new blade. I am not sure that you could get a flourescent film that also has a higher-tack adhesive though. Possibly use a flourescent foil with an Edge first?

What are these going on? Could you print the colors onto clear and cut out a larger area of clear for more surface adhesion?