• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Quoting per running metre or square metre

solantis

To help me simplify the quotation process I have worked out the cost per square metre of chromadek and just marked that up but I have been wondering is this method of calculation correct or should I work with a running metre instead?

Sorry to those using the imperial system

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
To help me simplify the quotation process I have worked out the cost per square metre of chromadek and just marked that up but I have been wondering is this method of calculation correct or should I work with a running metre instead?
You may certainly quote per square to your customer if you find it necessary but you should definitely know the total costs of materials including any scrap and waste in order to calculate profit and inventory.

solantis

If a roll of vinyl (45m x 1370mm) costs me $100 it makes my cost (excluding overheads and other expenses) $2.2 per running metre.

Now what if a client orders a single vinyl print of 2m x 700mm? I would usually just multiply 2 * 0.7 * $2.2 to find the cost. Would that not be a correct way of calculating it?