• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News R I P Eddie Van Halen

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I watched this several weeks ago. It appears to have been done 2017.

Last edited:

Bert Wondervan

Eddie van Halen (65) died: "He was the hero of a generation"

Guitarist Eddie van Halen and co-founder of the hard rock band Van Halen has died at the age of 65 in a hospital in Santa Monica, California. His son reports this on Instagram.

Eddie died from throat cancer in the presence of his wife Janie, son Wolfgang and brother Alex. Van Halen had been ill for quite some time. His health had deteriorated significantly in recent days. Doctors found that the cancer had spread to other organs, including his brain.

I don't think I'll ever get over this loss.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
It was known Eddie Van Halen had been battling cancer on and off for years. Still, his passing comes as one hell of a shock. The year 2020 just keeps on getting better.

I can't help but think of other guitarist legends who tragically left us far too soon. Jimi Hendrix. Randy Rhoades. Stevie Ray Vaughan. It was horrible Dimebag Darrell Abbott was murdered on stage. His funeral attracted great players like Zakk Wylde, Jerry Cantrell and Eddie Van Halen. Sometime before his death Dimebag Darrell asked Eddie Van Halen for a replica of his '79 Charvel "Bumblebee" guitar, pictured on the Van Halen II album. Eddie had the original buried with Dimebag Darrell, saying, "Dime was an original and only an original deserves the original." Eddie Van Halen enjoyed jamming with other great players, such as Brian May from Queen. I'd like to think Eddie is now in a monster jam session in Heaven with Hendrix, Rhoades, Dimebag and other long passed greats.

jochwat

Graphics Department
And I hope that the late, great(est) Frank Zappa is up there conducting that incredible monster jam. Eddie is another is a long, endless list of legendary artists, tragically gone too soon. Every one of them had at least one more great song inside that we'll never get to hear.

Andy D

Millions of heart broken "50-something" women out there...
I was always mad at him because he stole my girl, Valerie Bertinelli!