• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

R1000 & Mirrored vinyl

Just got our R1000 Last week and still learning. How do you load and print on mirrored chrome & Gold? we load the vinyl like we have with other rolls and the R1 doesn't detect it and when we manually tell it the measurements and print it starts inching it back out like its searching and then it started printing on the belt. what are we doing wrong?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You are loading from the roll right? Not table-top.
You have too much tension in the profile and not enough vacuum. It goes backwards because of that effect and doesn't move with the belt.

Adjust accordingly. Always load without auto-measurement.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Don’t have an R1000 but the concept could be similar as our Seikos. They have an eye that reads the material after loading. If it reflects back like chrome could do it might not even be recognizing the material is even there. Try loading it with a white leader taped to the chrome. I don’t think the R1000 is open enough but we could put a piece of paper under the eye of our Seikos Printhead and move it across the media as it was scanning and trick it into thinking there was paper there. We printed on a custom clear material that didn’t have a white backer and the Seiko would even recognize there was media loaded if we didn’t do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Don’t have an R1000 but the concept could be similar as our Seikos. They have an eye that reads the material after loading. If it reflects back like chrome could do it might not even be recognizing the material is even there. Try loading it with a white leader taped to the chrome. I don’t think the R1000 is open enough but we could put a piece of paper under the eye of our Seikos Printhead and move it across the media as it was scanning and trick it into thinking there was paper there. We printed on a custom clear material that didn’t have a white backer and the Seiko would even recognize there was media loaded if we didn’t do this.

I can tell you, there is no need for such tinkering.

On this machine you can tell it not to check the material and input the position and width manually. Then it doesn't care even if you don't put anything in it will start printing on the belt.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
I can tell you, there is no need for such tinkering.

On this machine you can tell it not to check the material and input the position and width manually. Then it doesn't care even if you don't put anything in it will start printing on the belt.

I’ll have to look into that. Thanks for the input.