• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

rally stripe templates

rydods

Member for quite some time.
I did some checking but couldn't quickly find anything on this topic yet so sorry if this has been discussed.

I have a customer who want to replace the rally stripes on their 2015 chevy camaro, hood, trunk and spoiler. The current ones are too dark and they want to go lighter. They are in great shape so I don't think removal will be an issue.

Does anyone know of a good template resource for this? I'd prefer use our own vinyl because they want a few smaller accents done as well.

I'd prefer not to make my own templates if I don't have to. Really busy and short on time. I will if I don't have any other option.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Yeah, good luck with that. We tell 'em you can get 'em a whole lot cheaper than we can produce them. Once they nail the template they can produce 1000's as a perfect fit and they sit on a shelf for quick distrubutiion. We'd have to do a lot test prints to even get close. Not worth the trouble.

rjssigns

Take measurements of existing stripe layout, strip existing, use previous measurements to lay down knifeless yada yada yada. Getting the color approved will probably take more time than doing the job.

rydods

Found templates at Eagle Enterprises. They have a program where you can download and pay for individual vehicle templates. Anxious to try it out.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I did some checking but couldn't quickly find anything on this topic yet so sorry if this has been discussed.

I have a customer who want to replace the rally stripes on their 2015 chevy camaro, hood, trunk and spoiler. The current ones are too dark and they want to go lighter. They are in great shape so I don't think removal will be an issue.

Does anyone know of a good template resource for this? I'd prefer use our own vinyl because they want a few smaller accents done as well.

I'd prefer not to make my own templates if I don't have to. Really busy and short on time. I will if I don't have any other option.
We've done a couple of things. Big Worm graphix cuts stripes for a great price. Then we end up installing for a great price. The other thing we do is measure them out. Make sure to measure the space in between and use that as a guide (we make another stripe in between to the stripes so we can line them up correctly).

NP_18

Maybe not the best option for this project since the current stripes are vinyl and can be removed, but we did a color change for painted stripes on a Chevelle recently. Put knifeless tape around the stripes, used a couple feet of 1080 and were done in no time. No bothering with measuring or trying to make a template.

rydods

Maybe not the best option for this project since the current stripes are vinyl and can be removed, but we did a color change for painted stripes on a Chevelle recently. Put knifeless tape around the stripes, used a couple feet of 1080 and were done in no time. No bothering with measuring or trying to make a template.
Unfortunately, the current graphics are vinyl otherwise I would definitely do this. Not sure it would be a good idea to go on top of them. Thanks though!

TopFliteGraphics

If you didn't find a source, shoot me a PM. I have a file I am willing to share. I sell stripes on eBay and have been doing so since about 2002...