• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ran out of ink, not here till tomorrow, am I screwed?

TheSnowman

I just ran TOTALLY out of ink for the first time. It gave me no warning and went from 20% to 0% in the last few hours. I had to print one thing so it could dry tonight so I could cut it when I came in in the morning, and it totally ran out.

Am I going to be totally screwed, or will it pump from the other color cartridge, across and keep the lines filled...or when I come in in the morning, and I'm just going to be totally screwed and have all kinds of air in my lines?

Markus59

Both of our printers, the Roland XC 540 and the Epson GS 6000 will stop printing when one of the cartriges run out of ink so no air gets into the line. Unfortunatly the other ink cartridge does not compensate it just stops.

TheSnowman

I forgot to mention, this is a JV3. I am wondering now if I should have shut off the unit completely so it didn't pump any ink overnight tonight...or, air for that matter. Even though I know that's hard on them.

Letterbox Mike

I don't know where in Indiana you are but if you're super desperate I've got plenty of JV3 ink and we'll be working late tonight if you feel like a road trip... (-:

TheSnowman

Ha, I'm not up for a roadtrip! I could have run to Feller's only 30 - 45 mins away if I was SERIOUS in trouble. Advantage called me back and said they've seen that happen a lot, and I'm obviously not the first guy it's happened to. They told me what I could do to be super crazy safe, but they figured I'd be fine just doing a couple of cleanings tomorrow. The worst part was that I lost my print.