• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help Rasterlink 6

MSSDon

I am new to Rasterlink after using Onyx the last 5 years or so and I am discovering problems in using Rasterlink 6 for some of the jobs that I found easy in Onyx.
We get several orders for 18x24 signs that are double sided with each sign being different. From my understanding after reading the Rasterlink manual and viewing as many videos as I could find, Rasterlink will not allow me to change the placement of the jobs in Jig Print.(Maybe I shouldn’t be using the Jig Print Function?) They are loaded in the order I load them into Rasterlink. So, I have to load them once, print that load( printing on 4x8 coroplast ), then reload the jobs in a different order for the second side. It would be soooo much easier if I could just change the placement in the Jig. I have tried changing the order I select the files but it defaults back to loading order. Very time consuming. One alternative is laying the jobs out as ten 18x24 on a 4x8 then doing the same thing for the other side before I load into Rasterlink.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Don

AnthonyRalano

We just got a jfx200-2513 and I haven't had time to face this situation ,but would greatly love to hear the outcome as well. :)

MSSDon

We also just got that printer and that's why I am learning Rasterlink. We love the print quality so far. Would like vinyl and banner profiles though. We printed 4 different profiles (Pantone Color Chart) and you can definitely see differences.

Keep in touch and let me know if you discover a work around.

Don

AnthonyRalano

Will do. I just had the training on Tuesday. It is amazing. I have been using the generic Mimaki profiles with success so far. I had some Synaps Om retractable banner that I couldn't solvent print. It came out perfect on the flatbed. Also, do you set up bleeds in the art or actual size? If so, what is your method to get ink to the edge everytime? I don't use the pins, I just use tape and if the ink goes to the edge I put a bleed on it and go in some from the corners and it has been great.

MSSDon

I haven't had to print anything yet that is full bleed. I used to on our old Gerber Ion. I don't do the layouts tho-just print what the office gives me on a thumb drive. I had them make the art larger and just tpaed around the coroplast or signbond then. Almost all of our banners get grommets so I have to leave room to fold and tape them. I printed 2 banners(3x5) Friday and discovered I couldn't place them in the same spot I had been placing the 4x8 sheets. If I remember correctly, I had to add .625 to the feed and 1.0 to the scan or vice versa. lol AND, I had to position the material to cover the registration holes at the front and move it about 1/2 inch from the right side. On coroplast jobs I just line it up with the origin and registration pins which I remove before printing like you. I use the pins to set one sheet then use .060 plastic cut in 1 inch wide strips and about 3 inches long taped down as registration helpers. I find it easier to tape these on the back of the table so I can just slide a sheet up against them. I also have one at the left top. I have been using these on our Gerber for years. Just have to remember to remove them before printing vinyl, banner, aluminum, PVC, etc.

BTW, our office number is (276) 466-5943 in case you need me for something. I'm as new to the Mimaki as you so maybe we can learn it together. lol Email is vadeerwatcher@gmail.com(Don't laugh!) That gets to my cell so I will get it during the day. Oh, Mumpower Sign Supply is the company I work for.

Nice to have a friend!

Don

AnthonyRalano

Perfect. I am used to roll printers not flatbeds and also Rasterlink 6 is new to me as well. Thank you. I will email you.