• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasterlink Add New Printer - Model Not Shown

Andrew Signs

Hi All,

I've searched high and low to find an answer to this.

Our JV33 machine is currently running on a computer fine which correct model and profiles.

We are installing a new computer which now has Rasterlink on it ready to go. When we add the printer in printer management it only shows CJV and UJV models, not the JV33. I have the latest driver.

Obviously if I can't select the correct model I can't apply the correct profile etc.

Is there something that I'm missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Andrew Signs

Sorry I forgot to add that in the Printer Management is show 'JV33-01' as a printer that can be selected, but as the models don't line up I can select the correct one.

This makes me feel as if the printer is installed and available.

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Make sure it's the Rasterlink 4 SG version as that is the one that specifically supports the JV33. The fact that the JV33-01 pops up means the USB driver is installed and the computer recognizes it. I have no idea why the JV33 wouldn't show up as an option though. Make sure USB 2.0 is selected.

Also, Rasterlink 5 is downloadable from Mimaki's support website. If you install that and input your Rasterlink 4 password it should accept it as it was a free upgrade. The password for Rasterlink 4 is longer than 5 so just put as much as you can in and it should work.

Andrew Signs

Thanks Solventink.

Yes, I downloaded the 5 update and when I click upgrade it processes through then an error 'older version please use updater' which is what I've selected...

weird.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Ok so you need to uninstall all versions of Rasterlink currently on the computer and then download the full installer. Here is a link to what should be the full installer (download button at the bottom of the page). Make sure when the window pops up you choose install rather than update. This will install a clean version of 5 without having to update 4 and then you can just use your 4 password.