• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RasterLink freezes during setup

killwill

I hope it's ok to post this in this forum, I've been running the program for years without a snag but it suddenley froze up while loading. I've been trying to do a fresh install for a few days now. Running WinXP 32bit, initial install goes fine, but when I attempt to run "Printer Management" the program freezes while trying to create & share the "Hot" folder. If I manualy create the & share the Hot folder the Printer Management Loads fine but then the RIP program freezes while trying read the Hot folder.

I've turned off firewall/antivirus, run as admin to no avail.
Tried Backup to a week earlier... nope
Checked with Grimco/Mimaki still no solution

I believe it might have to do with a Windows update/hotfix but not sure.

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
it sounds like your job folder is corrupt. ( i am not sure if you kept it..) what version are you running?

killwill

"it sounds like your job folder is corrupt. ( i am not sure if you kept it..) what version are you running?"

I've tried numerous clean install with both RasterLink ProIII & RasterLink ProIII Ultimate

killwill

9Follow up... I noticed event viewer 1040, 1034, 11724 (msiInstaller) cannot be found. I have msiexec 4.5 installed, I have installed RIP program from two different disks (Pro & Ultimate) and the same events show

robwaterman

I'm having the same exact problem at nearly the same time as you (mid oct 2012) but i'm having the problem with rasterlink pro ii. (v 2.10).

I think it might have to do with a java update? I tried going going back to a system restore point with no luck as well.

any luck on your end?