• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasterlink naming conventions for spot white and varnish in Illustrator

BDA

Hello!

We just purchased a Mimaki JV300-160 roll printer. My question is what is the naming convention in Illustrator for spot white and spot varnish so that rasterlink will recognize and print it correctly. Also, after we have figured that out, is there anything else we have to do in rasterlink to make this print correctly? Here is an example of what we are looking to do...

CRB-6131-PO-760x380-spot-uv-business-cards.jpg

Thank you!!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I assume you mean the UJV300? Rasterlink doesn't use spot colors to do white and clear unfortunately. It has you pick a CMYK value that you then replace with white and/or clear. Here's a YouTube video on how to set it up for white. It works similar for the varnish. There are definitely some quirks and good practices to get it to look the way you want but hopefully someone who uses it every day can enlighten you on that.

BDA

I assume you mean the UJV300? Rasterlink doesn't use spot colors to do white and clear unfortunately. It has you pick a CMYK value that you then replace with white and/or clear. Here's a YouTube video on how to set it up for white. It works similar for the varnish. There are definitely some quirks and good practices to get it to look the way you want but hopefully someone who uses it every day can enlighten you on that.
yes. UJV300. Sorry for the typo. Argh....after a frustrating day, that is also what we have determined. This is a very convoluted way to do it and kind of annoys me that this can't be done in Illustrator, but, oh well. Thank you!

yannb

Hello!

We just purchased a Mimaki JV300-160 roll printer. My question is what is the naming convention in Illustrator for spot white and spot varnish so that rasterlink will recognize and print it correctly. Also, after we have figured that out, is there anything else we have to do in rasterlink to make this print correctly? Here is an example of what we are looking to do...

View attachment 160032

Thank you!!
You can use RawWhite and RawClear as spot colors. Works better in Rasterlink 7 than 6 Plus.