• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasterlink stuck at locating & printing

Kilmore

Installed rasterlink and mimaki driver.
When trying to print it reads, renders and then gets stuck at ”locating & printing” somewhere around 1-9%.

Thought it was a faulty usb-cable, bought a new one, still same problem..

What am I doing wrong?

The ADA Guy

It's not finding your printer, has your computer updated recently? I would 1st reboot the computer and then turn on your printer. If that doesn't solve the issue I would reinstall the drivers for the printer and make sure everything is up to date. Also if you go to devices and look at the printer check that the USB port address is correct. Hopefully that helps.

Kilmore

It's not finding your printer, has your computer updated recently? I would 1st reboot the computer and then turn on your printer. If that doesn't solve the issue I would reinstall the drivers for the printer and make sure everything is up to date. Also if you go to devices and look at the printer check that the USB port address is correct. Hopefully that helps.
Thank you for your answer, but the strange thing is that my printer is found, at least at first when I can see the printer status and ink levels etc.
Everything is up to date and installed yesterday. I’ll take a look at the usb port adress, if I can find out how and where..

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Another possible source if everything is set up properly is, how long is the USB cable? Is it a good cable, or an el-cheapo?
The longer they are, the more data loss you get. It'll usually recognize the printer because that's just a handshake with little data, but when you send a lot of data it gets lost. Cheap cables are prone to RF interference too, so you want a good quality shielded cable with ferrite chokes to prevent RF, and anything over 15-20 feet an active cable works best. Printers can have issues being connected to a USB hub too, best to be a direct connection to the computer.

Kilmore

Big thanx to all of you trying to help.
-I have remote turned on.
-I’ll try with a shorter usb cable.
-Where and how do I turn on crop marks?

dslavey

Big thanx to all of you trying to help.
-I have remote turned on.
-I’ll try with a shorter usb cable.
-Where and how do I turn on crop marks?
I guess the marks are technically called register marks. In Rasterlink, after you have set the resolution and passes, etc. Click the 5th box down on the right, then on the left pick the type of mark to use.
register mark.png

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Mimaki recommends using a USB cable no longer than 14 ft. with no hubs etc. For some reason they are more susceptible to noise than other printers.