• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RasterLink6 and Special Plate Valid Pixel clear ink issue

dariusaleksas

Hi, I cannot figure this one out. I want to print clear ink over color. I saved a color image and an image with Composite Black elements where I wanted our machine to print with clear ink (no color assigned to the background). In RL6 I am creating a special plate for clear ink (2 channels with 40% coverage) and I am selecting 'Valid Pixel'. But I do end up with prints where clear ink covers the entire image as if I selected 'Whole Image' instead. I checked the SP layer under the 'General Printing' tab and it only shows valid pixels and not the entire image rendered for clear ink printing. I cannot figure this one out. What am I doing wrong?
I was able to successfully print the way I wanted by changing Black to 'Mono Color - Clear' in the 'Properties' tab. But this way I get an extremely thick coat of clear and I do not want it.

UPDATE: There must be something about that file and RL6. I made another file for testing purposes and the SP layer worked as intended this time.

Last edited:

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
I would have to have access to the files to see if there are any issues in the file itself. However if changing to Mono Color works for you, just set the black to 40% in Illustrator and it should have the same effect as a 40/40% Special Plate. You can use Mono Color to have different levels of gloss effect in 1 pass, a gradient gloss shadow or glow, with 100% glossy text, etc..