• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasterlink6, position artwork and auto cut the sheet

Ado_ff

Hi first time poster, thanks for a great forum...
I recently bought a Mimaki CJV-150/107 and Iam in the process of learning the printer and Rasterlink6.

I got this job, printing 100 sheets of colored vinyl in specific dimensions (H)73cm x (W)90cm with some text in the center top and bottom of the sheet. (se attached) (will only print the black text)

Thinking of ordering the vinyl roll in width 90cm and print the center text on it.
But I can't figure out how to set this job up in Rasterlink so I get my Mimaki to cut the sheets in 73cm length after printing and having the text centered on the sheet were I want it to be .
And that Mimaki keep doing this with as little input as possible from me.

Can someone help me in the right direction. Many Thanks.

Attachments

• Resurs 150.jpg
    Resurs 150.jpg
    745.4 KB · Views: 166

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Unfortunately there isn't a super straight forward way of doing it. My first thought was to make a file 73cm x 90cm with a white background and the text centered how it should be. Then go into the execution tab in Rasterlink and send 1 copy with the sheet cut feature turned on 100 times. When you have a white background, the printer still treats it as printable but it just moves the motor forward without printing anything so it should move out the amount of distance you want.

The problem you're going to have though is that the printer moves the material forward a certain amount between each job and every time it sheet cuts, so it won't cut exactly where you need it. You're going to need to figure out what distance that is and adjust your file accordingly. That and you have to make sure the material tracks perfectly to keep the center where it should be. It could take a lot of trial and error. Might be worth just printing cut lines where you need them and manually cutting after it's printed.

Ado_ff

I suspected there were no easy way with the sheet cut option, but it would have been nice to start the printer in the morning and arrive to 100 printed/cut sheets...

Can absolutely cut the sheets manually with print (cut) marks, but how do I make the printer move fast between the print areas. The smal steps take forever when in printing mode.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I suspected there were no easy way with the sheet cut option, but it would have been nice to start the printer in the morning and arrive to 100 printed/cut sheets...

Can absolutely cut the sheets manually with print (cut) marks, but how do I make the printer move fast between the print areas. The smal steps take forever when in printing mode.
Only way I can think of off the top of my head is using a profile with lower pass counts. It will move it forward more per pass. Hopefully someone who uses Rasterlink more than me has a better option!

Ado_ff

***SOLVED***

On the CJV-150...
Go to The "SPACE FEED MODE" meny
-Select "CONTINUOUS"

And then the printer will fast-forward to next printing area making it possible to position text on large sheets and print them in minutes, not hours...
I will do the cutting manually.
Thanks for great forum...