• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

re-creating image

lil Details

I have a fellow tinter that is looking at doing some promotional things and his logo is not a transparent image so the white background is a pain for him...

I have not a slight idea of how this would be created or re-created or made transparent..

Anyone?

Attachments

• roach logo.psd
    400.3 KB · Views: 104
  • roach logo.jpg
    roach logo.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 58

weaselboogie

As cool as that looks, its not really a logo. To recreate, you'd need a 3d software program like Maya, 3d Studio max, but would be a lot easier to make the background transparent using the magic wand and the polygon lasso tool. A bit of feathering and you're good to go.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you or your friend has Photoshop, just make the make the background into a layer, then click on the white area with the Magic Wand tool, check for a clean selection and then hit delete. You should end up with something close to my attachment.

I used a tight tolerance setting for the magic wand of 5 and then did a quick touch up.

The JPG images are for demonstration. The PSD is for you to download.

Attachments

• roach-trans.jpg
    roach-trans.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 56
  • roach logorev2.jpg
    roach logorev2.jpg
    446 KB · Views: 49
  • roach logorev2.psd
    450 KB · Views: 94

lil Details

I don't have photoshop yet...I do have paint shop pro....have to learn my own software.

Thanks for that Fred... I will forward it to Steve...

lil Details

basically did just that with Paint Shop Pro....same tools and such. I see the need to clean the edges a bit as I have a slight lighter color border around my "transparent" image...

Thanks again Fred

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Have the person that rendered that out do it again and break it down into passes so you can blend them in your bitmap application ask for a color, shadow & reflection pass.

With that you can overlay it on anything you want or print it out without a background.

wayne k
guam usa