• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Re-seat OP Printhead error HP335

Ex3cutiv3

Just hoping there has been a solution found to this error that I might find useful. Please. Visible indication is only that there appears to have been a leak of OP at some point that may still be going on.
Otherwise until I disassemble the carriage nothing else is evident. It appears changing out the carriage may be the solution I'm just hoping that is not so.
Cheers!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If you think it leaks in the carriage then it's the Fi-tower that printhead connects to. Replace that and clean around.

Ex3cutiv3

Not as helpful as one might think. Connected mechanically, by ink tube or ribbon cable? What does Fi stand for as well please? Cheers!

ToTo

Professional Support
Clear liquid on carriage bottom could be OP or condensate. OP is sticky, condensate is oily.
Take off ink tube system from carriage and check underneath. If you find lot of ink in the carriage I would suggest to replace the ink tubes assembly. Replacing the FI tower (ink connector) is a mess and not recommended for unskilled people.
If there is no ink found in the carriage unscrew the carriage bottom plate and check for accumulation of condensate.

Ex3cutiv3

Thanks ToTo, not really sure there is a connection between

"Re-seat OP Printhead error HP335" and the possible leak. I just changed the ribbon cables for the printheads but no change to the message/error.​

ToTo

Professional Support
Two possible reasons for head reseat: ph temperature exceeded or electrical problems.
What is the weight of printhead if the error appears? Well filled it should have about 63g. If below might point to refill issues.
If weight is ok it could be trailing data cable or carriage pca, because you‘ve already replaced the flex cables.

Ex3cutiv3

Thank-you ToTo! PCA and towers ordered. Here’s hoping, because if that doesn’t work I hear there are other printers on the market with fewer and resolvable issues, lol. Cheers!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Did you ever replace the OP with new printhead? And no... not before fixing the Fi-towers. First FI-towers then new OP head.

Ex3cutiv3

We have tried 3 new PHs but holding onto one untried until the towers are replaced. And the pca before that. Just in case. Thanks! Also expecting to receive tower installation instructions as I also understand it’s a bit tricky.

Ex3cutiv3

Well, so far, to continue the saga, we have now changed out the PCA, the printhead ribbon cables (set), the FI towers (for the OP Phead only), not recommended due to brittleness of the connectors and hardness of the tubing between connectors. (broke the splitting connector that supplies ink to each head) and of course 3 of the aforementioned printheads. Still having OP Printhead error. this time it is 0x000010. That's it for now, looking at the main data wire from the PCA board that follows the ink lines as the carriage moves. Don't have a pinout to confirm the continuity of each wire so changing out the whole cable when it arrives. After that wthk.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yeah when replacing the Fi towers I wouldn't personally ever replace the black joint from the hard tube. It's always leaking from the rubber ring or on top.

Ex3cutiv3

Yeah when replacing the Fi towers I wouldn't personally ever replace the black joint from the hard tube. It's always leaking from the rubber ring or on top.
That would have been good to know before I started, lol. Everyone else take note! The replacement FI tower kit includes the bottom piece of the tower which has the nipple to connect to the supply tube, best not to disturb that connection, and instead disassemble the rubber ring and top section of the new tower and attach it to the old bottom section of the Tower.

Ex3cutiv3

To close out the "Re-Seat Printhead error HP335" it turns out it was the trailing data cable as the rubber jacket had begun to disintegrate no doubt causing
more flex and eventual parting of the wires or possibly shorting across to the shielding. In any case a silicone jacket would be a better option for a mobile multiple
filament wire rather than a rubber jacket. No indication of leaks yet, after also changing out the supposed leaking FI Tower as well as the PCA board and the data transfer
ribbon cables to it. Some fun! Cheers!