• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RE640 temperature too low

Ultraman

Ultraman
Hi! Tech,

Here to find out if anyone ever have this issue before. I have an RE640 and every time I start the printer it will says temperature too low, I have no problem printing using service mode and enable the heater but not user mode. This is what I did so far, I replaced the data head cables and the thick cables from print carriage to main board and fuses. Sometimes one fuse would blow but other times fuses and transistors all have connectivity. I know there is are heat detector on the print heads, but I changed a few sets of old print heads I bought on Ebay. Could it be the thermistor board, but it does run the heater up in service mode though? Any other option I miss.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It also appears when a print head isn't plugged in or has a bad connection. No connection means it can't get a reading from the head thermistor.

Ultraman

Ultraman
The only way to at least get it going is to start the heater in service mode but when you turn it on to user mode it will says temperature too low again even thought its now cold now. I know the print heads have head thermistor on it but I doubt its the reason as I already changed few sets of old print head but still the same. The only way I have not test it is the thermistor board or it cable gone bad. I will check that out tomorrow.

Stevie

Slightly off topic: I assumed room/ink temperature would make a difference to prints, often below 10c here, my printer doesn't have this temperature check afaik. Troubleshooting other possibly related issues, what are the issues expected from printing in a cold environment?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Slightly off topic: I assumed room/ink temperature would make a difference to prints, often below 10c here, my printer doesn't have this temperature check afaik. Troubleshooting other possibly related issues, what are the issues expected from printing in a cold environment?
Bad ink flow, image quality issues, possibly difficult to dry the ink. Just bad performance.