• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommend window perf to be used in HP 560

Asuma01

Hi everyone,
I'm having a terrible time with this Contra Vision Performance 30% window perf (WBPAG30C-137-9) on a HP 560.
Right now my settings are 8 pass, Max Vacuum pressure, and 200F degrees.
I'm still not able to avoid head strikes after about 3-4 ft. I've used up an entire 30 ft roll just tweaking the settings of the printer. I've even had contact with a rep from ContraVision and so far still no luck in avoiding head strikes. The only times I've been able to avoid head strikes is by having the temp down so low that the ink won't cure.

So I'm just about done messing around with particular brand of perf. Anyone having luck on their HP 560 printing perf and if so what settings are you using and material?

I would post some pics but the forum software says my iphone photos are too large to upload. How convenient.

AKwrapguy

Hi everyone,
I'm having a terrible time with this Contra Vision Performance 30% window perf (WBPAG30C-137-9) on a HP 560.
I'm still not able to avoid head strikes after about 3-4 ft. I've used up an entire 30 ft roll just tweaking the settings of the printer. I've even had contact with a rep from ContraVision and so far still no luck in avoiding head strikes. The only times I've been able to avoid head strikes is by having the temp down so low that the ink won't cure.

So I'm just about done messing around with particular brand of perf. Anyone having luck on their HP 560 printing perf and if so what settings are you using and material?

I would post some pics but the forum software says my iphone photos are too large to upload. How convenient.

I'm rocking the 570's and have no issue. Try turning your vacuum down I have mine at about 70 on 10 pass. It's probably too high and as the material moves forward it's bunching up causing head strikes. Also use the edge guards the help.

If you have to reduce the temp, increase the number of passes this will allow for more dwell time in the heater. Also how much tension on the take up roll do you have?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hi everyone,

I do alot of perf sales, my material works great in the 500 series, if you are interested.

Asuma01

I'm rocking the 570's and have no issue. Try turning your vacuum down I have mine at about 70 on 10 pass. It's probably too high and as the material moves forward it's bunching up causing head strikes. Also use the edge guards the help.

If you have to reduce the temp, increase the number of passes this will allow for more dwell time in the heater. Also how much tension on the take up roll do you have?

Turning up the vacuum pressure was the advice from the rep at Contra Vision. Regarding the tension on the take up, I didn't even know that was adjustable (where is that setting located?). I've tried printing with and without take up and came up with the same results. I've also gone up to 10 pass but didn't feel like it made any sort of noticeable difference.

AKwrapguy

Turning up the vacuum pressure was the advice from the rep at Contra Vision. Regarding the tension on the take up, I didn't even know that was adjustable (where is that setting located?). I've tried printing with and without take up and came up with the same results. I've also gone up to 10 pass but didn't feel like it made any sort of noticeable difference.

So the higher the pass count, in theory the lower the heat. Since a lot of window perf has plastic backing, the heat seems to mess with it more. So I would look at using the edge guards, decreasing the vacuum, increasing the number of passes, decreasing your curing temp.

Try these setting
12 pass
90% ink Density
Temp 185-195
Optimizer 24
Vacuum 70

The edges might curl up a but if you have the take up roll attached it's generally not a issue.

Superior_Adam

use a perf that has a paper backing instead of the clear plastic type backing. We use ClearFocus with the paper back and have had zero issues. It is recommended by HP i do believe to use the paper back for perf.

printguyjohn

So the higher the pass count, in theory the lower the heat. Since a lot of window perf has plastic backing, the heat seems to mess with it more. So I would look at using the edge guards, decreasing the vacuum, increasing the number of passes, decreasing your curing temp.

Try these setting
12 pass
90% ink Density
Temp 185-195
Optimizer 24
Vacuum 70

The edges might curl up a but if you have the take up roll attached it's generally not a issue.

Thank you so much, this helped me finally get my perf to work!

Asuma01

I ended up switching to Clear Focus perf and had no problems with it. So I recommend that perf media for sure. It just worked without having to adjust a bunch of settings.

jimmmi

I run mine at 8 passes 95c 90% ink with 55 vacuum. I even start straight right from the edge guards inside the printer an didn't have any head strike. Hp 360