• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommendations for sub $400 vinyl cutter for masking use

motoguy

As the title states, I'm looking for a sub $400 cutter. I will be cutting vinyl for masking use, which I'll use on my powdercoat products/projects. Most of these products will be 48"x48" or less in total size.

I use CorelDrawX7 for my design work, and I'm familiar with creating vector images.

I was going to purchase a Cameo 3, but I'm looking at other options in that price range. USCutter Laserpoint II, Vinyl Express R31, USCutter MH or SC. I see the USC Titan 15" is $495, which is more than I'm wanting to spend. However, if it's leaps and bounds, heads and shoulders better than anything else, maybe.

I'm curious what feedback you may have for the units in this price range. I cannot justify breaking the price barrier I've set, so I won't be going with a Roland, Graphtec, etc at this time. Maybe later, once the low-cost unit proves it's worth, but not now.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
For that price you can get alot of these!

Attachments

• 57494-4010-1-3ww-l.jpg
    57494-4010-1-3ww-l.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 353

equippaint

If you aren't using it all the time the SC is decent. Its a little slow and loud but does the job. I've had one for 5 years and never had a problem. A friend of mine has the same one too.

TammieH

I would look for a used Graphtec, Roland etc, before buying at least one the US Cutter plotters... my wife went behind my back and bought a US Cutter, what a POS, its a $700 paper weight.

Not sure about the other brands you mentioned, but ..."You get what you pay for"

motoguy

It will see regular, but not frequent usage. I'm sure a Cameo 3 would cover my needs. However, if I can get a larger cut area for a similar price, I'd rather do so.

CanuckSigns

anything you can get for under $400 will be garbage, no exceptions. you really do get what you pay for.

A roll of vinyl is worth more than $400!