• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Recyclable Banner (or similar)

dutst

Looking for some economy banner material, or something similar. The application will be similar to a banner stretch frame, and is for outside use. Thus far have been looking at banner materials, textiles and even Tyvek, but curious if there are other suggestions. Tyvek I can't get wide enough, and the best banner I've found so far is the Cooley Coolflex 13oz.

This is (hopefully) an ongoing project, but short term usage so a balance of price and recyclability would be nice to find. Below is what I am hoping for suggestions on:
- either made from recycled goods, or is recyclable.
- will be under slight tension, so some strength required but nothing too crazy.
- 64 inch width at least.
- high gloss preferred but not critical.
- economic for short term/throw away graphics.

dutst

What kind of printer? Woven Polyetheleyne may be your best bet but its UV only.
Thanks for the response. I currently have an HP 335, but am not tied to this machine for this project necessarily. The project could warrant a new machine if the media and machine match well.

What makes the material not suitable for latex? if it is a 'longevity' issue or an actual adhesion issue? Longevity may not matter... only needing about 1-6 months out of the print.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Not sure about the recyclability but there’s a company in the UK that sends me an email once a week about their PVC free frontlit/mesh banner. Prices weren’t terrible either.

dutst

Not sure about the recyclability but there’s a company in the UK that sends me an email once a week about their PVC free frontlit/mesh banner. Prices weren’t terrible either.
I would definitely take a peek if you have a link! Thanks!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Thanks for the response. I currently have an HP 335, but am not tied to this machine for this project necessarily. The project could warrant a new machine if the media and machine match well.

What makes the material not suitable for latex? if it is a 'longevity' issue or an actual adhesion issue? Longevity may not matter... only needing about 1-6 months out of the print.
Probably the heat and so on.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Checked the specs and the product I attached is a PVC free weldable banner material that is printable on UV and latex so would suit your latex. It is 1600 wide though at min (though assuming they will cut rolls for a price?)

zspace

Premium Subscriber
Ultra flex Eco-vantage might work for you. It’s #1 recyclable, PVC free and prints with latex.