• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Red Color Shifting to Orange in Prints - Taimes T1802 Troubleshooting

scauna

We are a digital printing company based in Sri Lanka, using a Taimes T1802 printer with a DX5 print head. Recently, we've been experiencing issues with our prints: the color red appears orange instead of a true red. This issue was not present a month ago, as those prints were displaying vibrant red. However, when I reprinted the same jobs now, the reds turned orange.

Despite this color shift, the printer's test patterns look fine, indicating that the printer's hardware is likely not the source of the problem. We use MaintopDTP software for RIP and control the printer with BYHX Printer Manager. I uninstalled and reinstalled both software packages, assuming there might be a configuration issue, but the problem persists.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or have any suggestions for resolving it? Could there be an issue with the software settings, or perhaps with color management profiles? Any insights would be appreciated.

tulsagraphics

Sounds a lot like a hardware or consumable problem to me. A nozzle check only tells you what's happening in a very small controlled test -- not actual production.

Your magenta is probably dropping out -- I'd guess air in your lines (or heck, even a bad batch of ink). Are you using OEM inks or 3rd party?

Inspect your lines for air bubbles and change out your damper(s) if you haven't done so in a while.

donkur

We are a digital printing company based in Sri Lanka, using a Taimes T1802 printer with a DX5 print head. Recently, we've been experiencing issues with our prints: the color red appears orange instead of a true red. This issue was not present a month ago, as those prints were displaying vibrant red. However, when I reprinted the same jobs now, the reds turned orange.

Despite this color shift, the printer's test patterns look fine, indicating that the printer's hardware is likely not the source of the problem. We use MaintopDTP software for RIP and control the printer with BYHX Printer Manager. I uninstalled and reinstalled both software packages, assuming there might be a configuration issue, but the problem persists.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or have any suggestions for resolving it? Could there be an issue with the software settings, or perhaps with color management profiles? Any insights would be appreciated.
If your printhead is getting close to the end of its life (3/4 or so) it may drop color once it heats up. I have had that issue in the past with a different printer. I would replace your magenta printhead, even if it is not requesting it, even if your colour calibration prints okay.

Last edited:

scauna

Sounds a lot like a hardware or consumable problem to me. A nozzle check only tells you what's happening in a very small controlled test -- not actual production.

Your magenta is probably dropping out -- I'd guess air in your lines (or heck, even a bad batch of ink). Are you using OEM inks or 3rd party?

Inspect your lines for air bubbles and change out your damper(s) if you haven't done so in a while.
Although it is more expensive compared to other inks, I only use taimes ink because of its quality and durability. I will try changing the damper.

scauna

If your printhead is getting close to the end of its life (3/4 or so) it may drop color once it heats up. I have had that issue in the past with a different printer. I would replace your magenta printhead, even if it is not requesting it, even if your colour calibration prints okay.
Thanks for your comment. This DX5 printhead was placed in August 2023 and is not even a year old yet. This is a 4 color print head and not even past 3/4 of the print head yet. I used the last print head very well for 1.5 years and finally the problem was that the internal yellow and cyan rooms were combined. How long would a DX5 printhead last in your opinion?

anthonyjohn

Since your printer's test patterns are looking good, it's likely not a hardware snag.
First off, let's check your color management settings. Ensure they're set up right in your software and printer manager. Sometimes, a slight tweak there can fix things up.
Next, consider the ink cartridges. They might be running low or need a good shake to mix up the colors evenly.
Also, take a gander at your print head and nozzles. They might need a cleanin' if they're clogged or misfiring.
Lastly, check if any recent updates or changes in your software could be throwin' things off kilter. Rollin' back to a previous version might do the trick.
Hope these tips get your prints back to their true red glory! Let me know if y'all need any more help.

scauna

helloo anthonyjohn I really appreciate your tricks. I tried them and didn't see any difference. I can't figure out why this happens only to the red color

netsol

Have you tried to calibrate?
redo the profile you are printing from?
it could simply beca bad batch of ink, as suggested, or the magenta printhead