• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Red Giant Inks

Ken

I've been away from the forums for a while.
I'm now seeing the ad for Red Giant Inks.
Does anyone have experience with this product?
I'm a Versacamm sp300 user.
Thanks.
Ken

Last edited:

marcsitkin

When I bought out a business, it came with an inventory of 200 cartridges of Red Giant Ink for an HP 5500, which is an aqueous printer. The ink would never dry on any material we tried it on except for a couple of types of canvas.

The company was completely unresponsive to our problems. We even had an industry friend visit them at one of the trade shows to discuss the issues. Complete stonewall.

We ended up throwing all of the ink out. $20000 worth. Totally and utterly useless.

BANNERS2GO

I have been using red giant ink for my Roland SC-540 pro II for about 4 years and the color is better than the OEM from roland and I pay $65 for a 440ml cartridge. We also used the eco sol on a mutoh we had. Had a problem with the first set. The screws holding the chip in were too big and were getting stuck in the machine but they fixed the problem since. We save about $1200+ per month in ink costs. We also switched over to bordeaux uv for our h700 about 4 months ago when our machine went out of warranty with no problem and the ink cost is about 60% less then the oem. Also the ink cures a lot easier than the OEM. On some materials (banner and some rigid material) we would have to use the high power to cure the ink but now we dont have to. Hope this helps. I know there are a lot of people on here saying not to switch over to a 3rd party ink because it will mess up your printer. We have saved enough in the past few years to buy 2 new printers. But on the other hand I wouldn't switch out until your warranty has expired.

Gforce1

That's what I use in our 300V and XC-540. No complaints what so ever. Great prints, great price, and not one problem!

redgiant

Redgiant USA, Inc.

When I bought out a business, it came with an inventory of 200 cartridges of Red Giant Ink for an HP 5500, which is an aqueous printer. The ink would never dry on any material we tried it on except for a couple of types of canvas.

The company was completely unresponsive to our problems. We even had an industry friend visit them at one of the trade shows to discuss the issues. Complete stonewall.

We ended up throwing all of the ink out. $20000 worth. Totally and utterly useless.

[FONT=&#46027]We have happened to read this article today. We would like to explain what went on. Sunshine Fineart Printing had bought HP5500 Replacement UV Ink Cartridges from Redgiant to distribute in the USA market in June 2006 at a very competitive price. Sunshine Fineart Printing was only a printing shop not a distributor but they were satisfied with the quality after they used Redgiant HP5500 UV ink cartridges and tried to distribute them as well. Therefore they bought a large quantity, 280 pieces with distributor price. But it seemed like that it was not successful because of various reasons such as the sudden death of the owner and their business limit as a printing shop. [/FONT]

[FONT=&#46027]Redgiant USA got the contact from Digitalmomentum on August 2008. We had heard from Digitalmomentum that they had bought all assets of Sunshine Fineart Printing as well as the HP5500 printers with the stock of Redgiant HP5500 ink stocks. Digitalmomentum complained about the quality of Redgiant HP5500 ink that they have the drying issues. They told me that they were using Ilford POP (polyester greyback), HP Fine Art Litho, Intermedia Photo Satin Nanoporous.[/FONT]

[FONT=&#46027]We explained that it could have been caused by the fact that they were using microporous coated inkjet media. Redgiant HP5500 UV Ink designed for the resin coated inkjet media not microporous based media. There is an issue of drying and stickiness of the ink when printing on microporous coating inkjet media. This is a fact that we thoroughly explained to Sushine Fineart Printing before their purchase.[/FONT]

[FONT=&#46027]Redgiant USA, Inc, takes pride in our quality of inks. References are available upon request. We take steps to ensure customer satisfaction. For any questions regarding this event or other inquiries do not hesitate to send an email or PM.[/FONT]

[FONT=&#46027]>Ken- Roland, Mimaki, and Mutoh Eco-solvent inks are our best selling line. A majority of our customer base use the Eco-Solvent ink line, with Roland being our top seller. [/FONT]

njshorts

Since someone is watching... any chance at getting my e-mail replied to? :( sent an email from my shortystampa.com email over a month ago looking for a quote and availability for a bulk system.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Since someone is watching... any chance at getting my e-mail replied to? :( sent an email from my shortystampa.com email over a month ago looking for a quote and availability for a bulk system.
Good day, are you still searching for a bulk ink system. Please let me know how I may help.