• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Red/Magenta ghosting??

Hello,

Just recently I noticed that my printer is spraying red/magenta ink outside the lines and it looks like ghosting shadow. it only happens in left to right direction, can someone shed light as what could be the problem?

My alignment is ok and no problem.

Attachments

• registration mark.jpg
    registration mark.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 117

player

No printer type, brand or model, under miscellaneous printers?

Is it a $49 Kodak inkjet or a $100,000 flatbed?

Solvent, latex or...?

etc...

MikePro

what does your test print look like? does the ghosting appear in uni-directional prints?

I'm guessing that it can be either a misaligned printhead or a dying one. ...hopefully the former, but proper test prints/diagnosis required to confirm.

what does your test print look like? does the ghosting appear in uni-directional prints?

I'm guessing that it can be either a misaligned printhead or a dying one. ...hopefully the former, but proper test prints/diagnosis required to confirm.

I tried to clean the cable strip but still get same result, I a currently replacing the head with a spare one I hope it works this time. This is not an issue when I print a banner, but when a print a small decal it is noticeable.