• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Red.

razzildazzil

Having issues getting my XC-540 to print a good red. Talked to the techs at Roland and was told to use their color profiles when designing and I wouldn't have the issue.... Not a single one of their reds prints a true 'fire engine' red.

Other than using cut media, do you guys have any suggestions for getting red to look nice?

Thanks! :U Rock:

ChicagoGraphics

Color management software is what you need to make all your colors look like the colour you need and start building your own profiles and see the difference.

razzildazzil

Pantone 200/201C is what I had in mind.

For this particular job I used RVW-DP43-K, printed on cheap 13 oz scrim banner.

Thanks for the advice thus far! :rock-n-roll:

graphix45

I sub out my prints to a guy that uses Roland printers & using cmyk we did 100M & 70Y and what he called a double overprint. You couldn't tell the difference between it & 8300 Mactac Passion Red cut vinyl.

Mike F

Best you're going to do is probably trying to match it with one of the Roland colors. Remember to use the same profile and media to print the color chart as your using to produce whatever it is you're trying to make match.