• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Reduce Space Between Print Jobs

bsteeletx

Hey All--

We've been using our UJV100-160 for a couple of weeks now, and there is a fairly large gap between print jobs. This is a giant waste of resources, and we're wondering if there is a way to reduce this waste? Maybe have the gap be 1" instead of 4 or 5?

Please let me know if this can be done (or not :()

--Bobby

bsteeletx

We tried that. We have it set to 10mm, and it's currently printing out at around 66-67mm. Any other suggestions?

Unfortunately not, one thing that might help if you set multiple copies in the "general printing" panel (where you can set up distances down to 0) not in the "execution" panel or use "arrangement" panel to nest multiple jobs

richsweeney

Can you send it over pre-paginated? The down side it might rip longer or forever. There usually 2 settings that can effect this. Find both of them. It looks like you found one. Also if you are sending over a PDF, then make sure the bounding box is set to trim size.

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
Is that 66-67mm including crop marks, or between crop marks.
If it includes the crops, I would say that is pretty standard with Mimaki and RL6/7, I have a UCJV print/cut and when I print cut at the same time, it leaves less space in between prints then it does when I just do prints for laminating before cutting. I haven't had the Mimaki long, so I have yet to mess around with the gap between prints to see if I can match the print only gap to the print/cut gap.