• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reflective Aluminum Panels

DanielM

Hello Everyone,

Hope you all had a great holiday.
Has anyone used reflective aluminum panels before?
I have a client needing lvl 4 reflectivity for their side of the highway signs.
My question is did you apply more reflective vinyl onto the substrate or flatbed printed directly to?
The logo has gradient so would definitely need to be printed media. I want to make sure its readable of course.
If you have any experience with this I would appreciate the input. Hope that all made sense.
Thanks!

Ready

Ready To Go
Hello Everyone,

Hope you all had a great holiday.
Has anyone used reflective aluminum panels before?
I have a client needing lvl 4 reflectivity for their side of the highway signs.
My question is did you apply more reflective vinyl onto the substrate or flatbed printed directly to?
The logo has gradient so would definitely need to be printed media. I want to make sure its readable of course.
If you have any experience with this I would appreciate the input. Hope that all made sense.
Thanks!
We do this all the time, but not in house. The vendor I use prints directly on the reflective vinyl; laminates it; applies it to the aluminum substrate. Just had 15 signs made for the USCG on .080.

Bob P.