• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reflective for car wrap

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
We just got a project where we are wrapping a car in printed reflective. Does anyone know of a reflective wrap that is more reflective than others?

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Sounds challenging, it won’t work and will cost you a lot of money. Upload pics when your done thought.

Zac

Mediocre Designer
The whole car? I used to do partials just covering patrol car doors and it was a pain.

If you got any compound curves, bruising and ink stretch marks are going to be your enemy.

Use 3M DG for the most visibility.

Last edited:

Signscorp

I can't speak to what has the highest reflectivity, but we buy 3M's vehicle grade reflective for even decals that need to go over big body lines on fords. Hopefully it's in your price--that stuff is 4k a bundle!

jfiscus

Rap Master
Personally, I like the 3M IJ680CR-10 over the 780 version. Last time we used 780 we had a lot of edge lifting over time, so we just went back to 680 and don't have issues. I wouldn't want to wrap bumpers with it, but otherwise I think it would work.