• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reflective on JV3

tooserious

Last night I printed on some Avery that had little As all over it and it was terrible...tonight I printed on ???? reflective with the 3651 and heat set at 50 and 55 and it came out beautiful..does anyone know or have you used the reflective with the little Avery logos all over it???

ColesCreations

I guess most reflective is not meant to be brinted on. To get a good result, I believe you depend on the ink to partially dissolve the media you are printing on. The stronger the solvent, the better the ink dissolves the media, ie the ink goes deeper. SS2 ink is low solvent, and dissolves pretty well the medias we regularly use, but will still wear off without lam.

Guess some of these reflective medias are very sturdy, maybe even dirty or greasy, to the point that the ink does not stick, kinda like waterbase ink on non coated media.

We get good results on Oracal reflective, have not tried others.

sha

What is the Avery code? All Avery NV series have imprinted backing. I have seen some very good results on those materials and on Dusted glass vinyl also. I have also print on economy Avery 546 silver metalic and get great results.