• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Registration Marks in FlexiSign-Pro 8.1

jmmccann

Hi, Having trouble. I've not done any layered work yet and I know the basics, but I'm having trouble making Flexi-sign Pro do what I want. Does anyone have a tutorial? I know I'm supposed to put registration marks on my graphic so the layers will line up and I've seperated the layers into two different files with Photoshop. My problem is, when I add the registration marks to the first layer and then load the second, it opens up in a new window with no registration marks on the screen. I know this is a newbie thing, but I'm hoping someone can give me a hand.

Thanks so much.

Jeff.

DizzyMarkus

Try not importing the layers in FSP -- instead open your full graphic in Flexi -- put the registration marks there. Production manager will seperate your colors for you (if you have a vector image) If not put both layers you have inone flexi window and add reggie marks.

Dont use two windows :0)

I wonder how you obtained a copy of Flexi and not know such a simple task. :smile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTSPgkdDgEE

Markus

jmmccann

Try not importing the layers in FSP -- instead open your full graphic in Flexi -- put the registration marks there. Production manager will seperate your colors for you (if you have a vector image) If not put both layers you have inone flexi window and add reggie marks.

Dont use two windows :0)

I wonder how you obtained a copy of Flexi and not know such a simple task. :smile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTSPgkdDgEE

Markus

Yea, like I said...I know it's easy. It came (2nd hand) with a cutter and vinyl I bought from someone getting out of the business. I have the manual and have tried to sit down and read it a few times, I just need to spend more time with it. Usually, I use photoshop and vector magic and cut with Flexisign.

DizzyMarkus

Unsure on Vector Magic but folks are cutting directly from PS. Why go through so many steps to get your fils to cut hehe -- just design it in Flexi. Try this in Flexi -- make 2 squares one larger than the other and different colors -- in the shapes menu are the reggie marks -- add those and see what happens in Production Manager :0) The marks are there for both files.

Have a good one,
Markus

jmmccann

Thanks!

Unsure on Vector Magic but folks are cutting directly from PS. Why go through so many steps to get your fils to cut hehe -- just design it in Flexi. Try this in Flexi -- make 2 squares one larger than the other and different colors -- in the shapes menu are the reggie marks -- add those and see what happens in Production Manager :0) The marks are there for both files.

Have a good one,
Markus

Thanks Markus! As it happens, I just picked up a SummaCut D60 tonight with 30 rolls of vinyl and a ton of software all for 250.00. I guess someone didn't realize what they had?

Anyway, I'll give that a shot and see what happens.