• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Registration Marks Not Recognized Graphtec Fc-8000

MotoDylan

Hey guys!

I'm new and am getting desperate. I can't figure out what is wrong with my graphtec and I have orders due soon. I've looked everywhere and can't find answers. The Graphtec FC8000 can't register the first registration marks. They are printed automatically through Wasatch, our printing software, and it is the type 2 mark at a 1/2 inch. I set the origin, hit print, then it seemingly finds the first mark, goes over it several times, then says it can't find it, even though it obviously was right over it with the sensor scanning it several times. I've been using this machine for close to 2 years and have never seen it do anything like this. I've printed several different files on several different materials to make sure it wasn't a problem with that, but it is still doing the same thing. Help!

AKwrapguy

A few things to try.... first look to see if there is any type of debris or dirt on the sensor eye. I have also found that if you use an additional light source it will read it (I will just use the flashlight on my phone). You can also change the sensor levels on the machine as well try this Sensor error link. What type of material are you using?

MotoDylan

I'm using glossy vinyl for this particular instance. But, I have tried a matte finish, thinner material, and thicker material.
Nothing has worked. I've tried the flashlight thing, but the outcome didn't change. I have also went through that manual and tried that as well. I've already tried manipulating those numbers. Unfortunately, none of these have worked. :/

AKwrapguy

In the selection for the crop marks you should be able to select an option that will give you a cross hair in each corner. You can use the laser on the plotter to line line them up. We do it all the time with HIP and DG materials...

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What is the manual bomb site?

Assuming you're using Flexi...

Instead of using the Type 2 marks, select the first, if memory serves, option for '4 Point' marks. this will print 4 small marks consisting of a cross hair and a couple of concentric circles. Each mark will be labelled 1 through 4 and they will be very close in to your print.

Load the print in the plotter getting a as square as humanly possible.

Send the job to the plotter. It will ask if you want to use something about a manual bomb sight or something about a digital something or other. [I'm doing this from memory]. Select the second option, the digital thing and do not select the bomb sight option. Then it will as if you want to use the plotter's built-in light pointer. Respond 'Yes'. Then it will tell you to position the light pointer over the first mark, number 1. Do so positioning the light pointer, as close as you can, to the exact center of the first mark, number on. After positioning the light pointer respond to Flexi with 'Continue' or 'Go' or whatever prompt that would imply to continue the march. Flexi will now position the plotter and the media to where it thinks the 2nd mark should be, mark number 2. You the position the light pointer to the exact center of this mark and tell Flexi to continue. It will repeat the process for the remaining marks #3 and #4. then it may, or may not, depending, ask you to replace the light pointer with the blade holder. Since you're using the built in pointer this prompt is meaningless, just hit go. Watch the plotter work.

Yet another thing that's much easier to do than it is to explain.

MotoDylan

I ended up having to do a factory reset. I'm not sure why it worked, since I never changed anything, but it did. I don't know what happened or why, but thanks for all the input!