• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Registration Marks On Vinyl Express

ratmotorsports

I Have A Vinyl Express Cutter From Signwarehouse With Lxi Program And When I Put In The Auto Registration Marks They Do Not Line Up. Its About A 1/8" Off On Both Sides. Please Help, What Am I Doing Wrong

ratmotorsports

You Got That Right If I Knew Then What I Know Now I Would Have Spent The Extra $$$$ And Got Flexi. Its Still Not Out Of The Question Though

ratmotorsports

Just Went There And Even The Support Says Not To Use Auto Registration Marks. Sorry, Had A Brain Fart. Shouldve Went There First Thanks

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You Got That Right If I Knew Then What I Know Now I Would Have Spent The Extra $$$$ And Got Flexi. Its Still Not Out Of The Question Though

You have Flexi. There's no difference between Flexi and LSi except for the name. None, nada, zip, zero.

When you say 'Vinyl Express' do you mean one of those GCC Panther monstrosities? If so, therein lies your problem. Their OPS is a first class piece of shit.

ratmotorsports

Im Not Sure If Its A Panther Or Not But Knock On Wood Its Been A Decent Cutter. Their Website Was Actually Helpful. Showed Me How To Put In My Own Registration Marks Instead Of The Auto Reg Marks. Havent Cut Anything Yet But Will Tomorrow So Ill Tell Ya If It Works. As Far As Signwarehouse Ive Had A Few Problems With Quality Of Materials But The Tech Support Is Pretty Good.

511graphix

yeah i have the same setup you have and noticed in the layout that registration was waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy off. so I just made my own. but I just line everything up by eye and tape down and aply with AT-60 but I do trim the outter edges to make sure everything is even

tmsigns

I also have the same setup as you do. I manually put the reg marks where I want them and it works great.
Tim

RICKMAN

Ditto to GRAFIXHENK'
I was crazy enough to purchase Qe60 and Lexi. Terrible support.. They make you sound like a fool if you are not a geek. Finally had to pay to have local tech guy come out to my shop.
The cutter is the worst I have ever used; You have to roll out the vinyl every time you cut or it will stop and say "no material found".

"no material found"

I have the q100 or something like that from Signwarehouse. I was having problems with it just stopping in mid cut, so I put a piece of vinyl over the rear material sensor (on roller side). Hasn't done it since. I think the vinyl was jumping up away from the sensor and it wouldn't recognize the material. But after doing this you can't run it on "Sheet". Hope this helps . and manual reg marks always works great for me no eye ballin needed just line up and stick.

rolling out material

I just use the key pad and unroll the same length as what i'm going to cut just to make sure I dont have the material off and it falls off a roller. nothing worse than cutting 100+ inch piece and fall off a roller after cutting halfway. haha.