• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Regmark layer locked on Summa GoSign Plugin

Mr.Signboy

When I add the OPOS marks using the Summa GoSign plugin for Coreldraw the layer is locked by default. Even when I unlock it, it re-locks itself while I'm working with the file. It's annoying when I try to export a file to print and the marks don't show up because the layer is locked. It's not the end of the world to go back and unlock and re-export but it's irritating and seems unnecessary. Is there a setting somewhere that I can turn this off?

Thanks in advance!

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Weird. Never had that issue with the GoProduce plugin for marks, and use it quite a bit. They start off being locked but once unlocked they stay that way.

If you're exporting as a PDF it will ignore any locked layers?

Attila Nagy

Visible, Locked, and Disable Print and Export are different things. It Should be locked. Show us the Objects docker, all expanded.

Mr.Signboy

Weird. Never had that issue with the GoProduce plugin for marks, and use it quite a bit. They start off being locked but once unlocked they stay that way.

If you're exporting as a PDF it will ignore any locked layers?
If I use the “publish to pdf” option in the plugin the the regmarks show up whether the layer is locked of not. If I select my artwork and export through Coreldraw (which is usually what I do) they don’t. If I send the cut file to GoSign and close it the layer locks again. I feel like it also locks at random other times but that could be in my head at this point lol.

Mr.Signboy

I’d like to take it out of “child safety mode”. If someone needs that layer locked to not mess up the marks, then they should have it, I don’t need that, and would love to find whatever setting makes it lock by default, if there is one. I make dozens of print/cut files a day and send half of them to another location to be output. If I forget to check a file, sometimes it gets printed without marks( some of the guys at our second location aren’t the most attentive…) it’s an unnecessary feature for me. I thought maybe it was something to with Corel, but the layer created by the plug-in is the only one that does this.

Attila Nagy

The plugin works just fine. Locked or unlocked does not make any difference to see or not to see in the export. It is not child safety. Still did not share your Objects decker or anything what helps to resolve your issue. Cannot tell what did you do wrong. but it has nothing to do with the locked remark layer.