• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reinstalling VW Dual question

tedbragg

I'm about to reinstall VW Dual (to solve some issues with job preview pane, and other small nags), but not sure if I should remove the existing install beforehand, or just overwrite it with the disc.

Suggestions?

signheremd

I might not be back today to answer, but I'm sure we would all like to know what the issue is before making suggestions...

tedbragg

I might not be back today to answer, but I'm sure we would all like to know what the issue is before making suggestions...
The job preview doesn't show up in the job list pane, for one. If you dig into the file folder where the job is cached tho, you can see the BMP and TIF preview files, but the TIF 'Preview-1' files show up as white. So nothing displays in the right-hand Job List pane.

Other issues are related to the Roland@net stuff and corrupted Media Explorer entries. And the calibrators (Macbeth, xRite) won't mount, despite being properly installed.

tedbragg

UPDATE: I was misinformed about VW 6's support for our unit -- they accepted our serial number and I got the free upgrade from Dual to 6. Only problem is we're running Win7, so have to wait til I can get my hands on a cheap Win10 box to try it out. Excited to see how well this does!