• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

remember that caserole dish i started?

OldPaint

here is the finished build of it. its now ready for a "bisk" firing, then i can then do the glaze finish and fire 2nd time. i added the handles to the body, made a lid, then put the inner lip on, let that dry and then added the lid handle.

Attachments

• pottery 017s.jpg
    pottery 017s.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 88
  • pottery 018s.jpg
    pottery 018s.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 72
  • pottery 020s.jpg
    pottery 020s.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 62
  • pottery 021s.jpg
    pottery 021s.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 48

OldPaint

not totally. glazes will add color, the bottom outside does not get any glaze, and the bottom inside lip gets no glaze. if the glaze comes in contact with kiln shelf, the piece will become bonded to the shelf.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey OP.... that's why they invented pins.

Even large heavy pieces can be fired without coming in direct contact with the heat itself.

OldPaint

gino.............sitting large flat object on "pins" is tricky. when the temp gets to 2200 or so, the clay form is is very soft and can warp, bend or twist, from the pin supports. i just prefer not to use pins.

Last edited: