• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Remote Graphic Designer

Bald Guy Files

Good morning!!

I love the wealth of knowledge and comradery here. I was wondering if I could get some feedback.

I have been in the industry for almost 10 years (sales, design, management, fabrication, install). I have managed art departments in the past and know it is hard to find experienced/reliable graphic designers.

Now I do graphic design remotely (relocated to Montana) and was wondering if I could get tips from business owners in the industry regarding how I can best market myself. I have sent out emails with info attached and also cold called. I have a fully functioning website (would love feedback on that as well). Business is going great and I hope to grow more.

Please, do not hold back. Although I am a millennial, I love feedback. I believe in my service and can only get better with proper critiques!

Thank you so much!
Jeff
www.BaldGuyFiles.com

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Welcome to the forum. I'm in a totally different market segment than you are so I'll let the others chime in.

I checked out the prices on your web site...they seem incredibly low. Too low for anything other than a hobby.

Your website is the first point of contact for a good majority of your potential clients. In all honesty, it's too wordy and is in urgent need of more "pop" to make customers want to look further.

You're in the "eye-candy" business, but I wouldn't know it at first glance.

JB

T_K

website

I agree on the website. For a designer, it doesn't display your product in a prominent way.

My first thought is you should have a portfolio on your website. If I was a sign shop owner looking to outsource design, I'd want to know what you've done. I don't see that on your website.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Do a competitive analysis and see what other designers are doing with their web sites. That will give you some food for thought.

JB