• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Remote shared plotter problem

Carol Sundberg

Ok, so after a number of other issues have been resolved, we have another one that hopefully is an easy fix.

We have 4 (soon to be 5 again) computers, of which 4 of them are cut/print stations. We have one machine that is connected to our Edge 1, our Envision, and our Fastrack 500. We can print to the Edge and plot to the Envision from all the machines without any problems. However, we can only plot to the Fastrack 500 from the main, connected machine.

When I view the GSP Tray from any computer other than the main computer, it shows this:

screenshot.JPG

Also, the FasTrack is on COM5 on the main machine, so I'm puzzled as to why it's not showing the whole thing in the remote screen...

So I'm thinking it's something to do with how the main computer is sharing out the FasTrack, but after trying a few things (setup different queue folder, removing and re-adding the plotter on a couple different machines) it's no different.

Any suggestions or ideas would be more than appreciated. I've been on the phone with Gerber support a few times last week, so it's getting a bit expensive ;-)