• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removing Ink off of Steel

dmfahie

Does anybody have an recommendation on removing the "ink" or copy on the steel to prep for paint? We paint allot of orange, even with prime it seems to show through?

rjssigns

Does anybody have an recommendation on removing the "ink" or copy on the steel to prep for paint? We paint allot of orange, even with prime it seems to show through?

Clean and prep as normal and hit the printed areas with flat black from a rattle can. Paint as usual. This trick even covers permanent marker.

My qualifications? I used to be an industrial painter. Speed was key. Get it in, get it painted, get it shipped.

d fleming

You must be related to my wife, she can't see past the turd for the roses either. lol Any abrasive method will do. I blast and am set up for it so that would be my solution. That or solvent, lots of that around because I screen print also.

rjssigns

You must be related to my wife, she can't see past the turd for the roses either. lol Any abrasive method will do. I blast and am set up for it so that would be my solution. That or solvent, lots of that around because I screen print also.

I could be related. LOL

You said you are set up to blast and know what it takes. That's good. OP is apparently not. Based on that assumption I gave him a valid solution.