• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removing Liner from Media

MIMO

Posting this in the HP section but feel free to ring in.

In general, how much of a hassle is it for you to remove liner from media like mesh or flag after you've printed?

I'm running an L25500 and it can be a lot more difficult to separate the liner after printing. I attribute it to the dryers but wonder if the solvent or UV shops out there find the same. Ultraflex Strip Mesh has been the hardest but never to the point where we wouldn't use it (in fact I really like the stuff).

Spud Murphy

We had a some trouble with Ultraflex until they recently changed their coating and moved to a plastic liner. Although the fabric is much improved I notice more resistance peeling areas where solid red ink is present, leading me to believe it is a chemical reaction and not shelf life, as we first suspected.
We have also had trouble removing the paper liner on (top-of the line) Ferrari Vision Mesh so who knows?

RobbyMac

Our installers have noted that wraps on the hp tend to affect the avery EZ vinyl, making it more aggressive. They claim it seems ok on stuff thats sat for a day or more before laminating... But anything thats laminated shortly after printing is difficult to wrap with.