• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Removing old dead vinyl

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
We are not allowed to paint in our current location - no space - no booth. They did try to save some money and had a few of their tractor heads painted to match. They saved too much money and soon had pink tractor heads fading fast pulling wrapped trailers that have stayed bright red for a pretty good number of years 6-8.
Cheap paint. Red is expensive if you use anything that will last. I like the clean simple design, classy looking. It just needs some diamond plate in it to really POP

d fleming

Good design but paint and a small decal would be the better method and last longer. Probably cheaper too. We could do it for $4-5k all in with a nice profit.
We are in the middle of changing logos on aviation fuel trucks. Lucky for us they have a hangar dedicated to maintenance and paint. All trucks are being stripped and painted, then we go out and apply new logos, warning labels, etc. So happy they don't have to be wrapped.

Scotchbrite

No comment
"Wrap" means a lot of different things to different people. It's become term people relate with any vehicle graphics.

Had someone call recently looking for a wrap. Turned out they just wanted their logo on the doors. We have to do 20 questions to figure what they actually want. We don't do full wraps, partial at most.

gnubler

"Wrap" means a lot of different things to different people. It's become term people relate with any vehicle graphics.

Had someone call recently looking for a wrap. Turned out they just wanted their logo on the doors. We have to do 20 questions to figure what they actually want. We don't do full wraps, partial at most.
Same. Vast majority of "wrap" requests I get are just for spot graphics/lettering. No one in my immediate area is doing wraps and I have zero interest in getting into it.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Someone thought this was nice....
PXL_20220604_205038883.jpg

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
It's a little too busy. And the pink stripes clash with the busy background.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I love that the picture was taken in front of a Adult Bookstore! Notareal were you on your way?
I think instead of the number 111 it's actually purple fishnet stocking hanging out the window from the adult store...the car guys his wife must have 3 legs.
1654531319110.png

John Hughes

A few years back we had to remove some old etch vinyl off some very old thin glass.. was reluctant to do as worried we would break the glass if we used a scraper so…. we soaked in soapy water then covered in cling film and left for 24 hours.
Did it work?.. yes it help… the vinyl didn’t fall off but definitely came off easier.
Not sure if it work on laminated print as well though. But maybe worth a try if you have to do the job but best to say no and walk away