• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removing tape-mounted panels, etc.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Figured I'd post this up in case it might help others.

I was asked to remove this panel and a few letters so some repairs could be made behind the glass panels. I was told if anything breaks, they could remake it, but obviously the preference was to get everything off in one piece. That did take the stress off a bit though and I wanted to see what kind of pressure/flex the acrylic could take. Turns out it's quite a bit. The air bags (here) are extremely helpful in steadily applying a significant amount of pressure while I pried elsewhere on the sign. Once removed, the panel and letters are perfectly flat and intact. This is a new panel, so obviously a 'your mileage may vary' situation. Older, sun baked acrylic probably will snap. But these are a great 3rd (and 4th, 5th, 6th....) hand for removals like this.

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

08.jpg

Johnny Best

I saw those pump up air bags the other day in Home Depot isle. They are great for prying open the window of a car to give you room to put a long coat hanger wire to pop the door unlocked.
But now I know another use for them. "God lives" I like that.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Those do look useful. As a bonus do they make f@rt sounds when you deflate them? To have that much air trapped in a bladder and not sound off would be an engineering failure.