• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Repairing Sp300v head / captop

Ceefree

Having not used my SP300v for a good few months, for printing purposes at least, the old lady is not working anymore. On trying to print I am just getting air. The last I had an engineer out was October last year and he just about brought it back to get at least some colours to run, after replacing captops.

They have dried up again sadly. But now is the time for me to repair and sell the machine so she can go to some good use elsewhere. With no experience of fixing these machines I'm wondering where I start. Clearly ill need to do the captops, but with the last time this was done and the print still not giving 100% lines and colours im wondering where to go from there

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Have you got a picture of the nozzle test? Usually a good start.

as long as it’s been on the whole time it’ll have been running cleaning cycles. Which should help.

Firstly try a few “hard” cleans - I have a mimaki so the terminology may be different but there will be something like that.

If that fails, try a nozzle wash. I know an engineer in the Newcastle area if you’d like his details too.

Jim Hill

I also have an SP-300V and these printers are a real work horse machines, but they do not like to sit without being used at least every few days which is about all I use mine.

Once they are not used on a daily or weekly basis all kinds of things start to happen, and then you really need to start all over with cap tops, dampers, ink, and maybe even new heads and all of this can get expensive very fast once these printers sit for a prolonged period of time.

There have been times when I used the printer more decals just to keep in stock just to make sure it does not sit to long between uses.
I love these legacy printers, but the kiss of death is letting them sit for long periods of time without use.

I learned this lesson the hard way just once!

Jim