• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Repeated Pattern Wallpaper set up help?

Tuanny

Hi guys I would like to know how to set up a repeated pattern every 24" for printing so that customers can buy rolls/panels and overlap the seams to continue as much as they need.
what I been doing is resizing the patten design to my preferred size then filling up the document in photoshop then i would send that to Onyx/Rip software and it would take care of the panels for me but that works only if they buy a set size and later on if they want to continue it will not match.
I would like the ability to resize the pattern to my preferred size and make it repeat every 24" for overlapping. what would be the best way to do this? as i see a lot of people selling patterns by the rolls/panels instead of a set wall size.
I'm using an Epson and summa plotter.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We print wall paper murals on dreamscapes all day long. Now our customer is wanting to do rolls and rolls of a repeating pattern. We have 53 x 52" artwork that will create a repeating pattern. The extra inch on the width is 1" taken from the left side and added to the right side for the overlap to do a double cut.

AKwrapguy

Hi guys I would like to know how to set up a repeated pattern every 24" for printing so that customers can buy rolls/panels and overlap the seams to continue as much as they need.
what I been doing is resizing the patten design to my preferred size then filling up the document in photoshop then i would send that to Onyx/Rip software and it would take care of the panels for me but that works only if they buy a set size and later on if they want to continue it will not match.
I would like the ability to resize the pattern to my preferred size and make it repeat every 24" for overlapping. what would be the best way to do this? as i see a lot of people selling patterns by the rolls/panels instead of a set wall size.
I'm using an Epson and summa plotter.
Use illustrator or Indesign for this process it's much easier.
In Illustrator you can use the transform menu to sent number of duplicates and spacing.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Use illustrator or Indesign for this process it's much easier.
In Illustrator you can use the transform menu to sent number of duplicates and spacing.
Does this work also to create an overlap that will match up with the next panel for the installer. And repeat/match vertically?
Have you done This? I'm Not being snarky... Asking for real. I too would like to know if it's easier to do in onyx, or simpler to set up the artwork like we have done to achieve this.

ikarasu

I dabbled in wallpaper for a bit. I'm guessing youre talking Etsy... Most people on there do 27" wide - a 26" Pattern and then 1" overlap. This is because most use 30" rolls... And that gives enough space for cutting marks. it works with any size width you want - When I did it, I'd have a large repeating pattern that can be up to 50" wide by whatever tall... but I'm used to installing wide panels - give a customer a 50" x 120" Repeating pattern and watch all the cussing you get in your e-mail.

Setting it up in onyx is super easy.

Attaching a 12" x 12" file for simplicity stake... It's a crappy free wallpaper I downloaded from a stock site... so it looks kinda trashy, but for this example it'll work perfect.

I have it setup as 12" x 12" - Then you just goto step and repeat... And so long as you work in increments of 12 (The file size) Every side will always match and repeat with the other side.

Now since you want to overlap... you tell it to do 25 for output size", and it'll add an extra inch for bleed. Just always keep the height in 12" increments - IF someone has a 92" wall, they can buy a 96" roll and cut 4" off the top.

Now you can get fancy - You can goto finishing > marks and generate cut lines for your graphtec / summa, so you're not hand cutting. And all this can be setup in a quickset so it's all automatic, and you just go in and tell it what output size to use and thats it.

Its very easy to do in onyx. Obviously it works with bigger graphics so you dont have so many repeats. and it doesn't look as trashy as the below one.. lots of floral patterns on etsy setup as 24" wide by 24" tall, or 36" tall, etc. same concept... just need to change things a bit - and obviously if your pattern is 24" tall, you have to sell in 2 FT increments rather than 1 FT increments.

1660106376388.png

Attachments

• Rainbow Pattern 01 - 12 x 12.pdf
    428.2 KB · Views: 115

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You could also download a free trial copy of Genetica or Filter Forge and make a true matching on all four sides pattern out of anything you choose at whatever final size you want on software designed for the purpose. Either publisher also has thousands of professional quality seamless textures available for free download. You may also want to browse the seamless textures we offer HERE.

AKwrapguy

Does this work also to create an overlap that will match up with the next panel for the installer. And repeat/match vertically?
Have you done This? I'm Not being snarky... Asking for real. I too would like to know if it's easier to do in onyx, or simpler to set up the artwork like we have done to achieve this.
I think what your asking has more to do with your rip program after you create the art file. R
ips will have a 'tile' option that you can set overlap and can rotate.

For example on Flexi, let say you're print a graphic that is 200"x120", and you're using 54" material. The rip will automatically split it up in into 52"x120" sections and you can choose how much of an overlap you want. If you need to you can select the option to rotate every other panel 180 degrees.

I was under the impression that this is a basic feature for most if not all rips.