• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Repeated Reseat Printhead Error - HP700W

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
Had a head strike and now the machine is repeatedly asking me to reseat and/or replace printhead 8 Y/M. I have replaced with a brand new printhead as well as cleaned contacts with isopropyl. Still getting error, even after reboot.
Does anyone have any ideas before I start taking things apart?
Thanks in advance

Alpha Star

I am having that with head 10, after no head strike. I even get it when I use the fake heads. I was able to get it to go away by removing and replacing the same head, and on the last attempt that worked, I made sure to press down hard when installing, but that probably just pressed a bit harder on the contacts at the back.

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
I am having that with head 10, after no head strike. I even get it when I use the fake heads. I was able to get it to go away by removing and replacing the same head, and on the last attempt that worked, I made sure to press down hard when installing, but that probably just pressed a bit harder on the contacts at the back.
No luck here. Diagnostics points to something causing a printhead to overheat. Trying to get a tech now to come out.

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
Good luck, and please keep us posted - might need to know :)
Will do. So far $49.00 for the call to tech support, and $1700 for parts and labor. They say that I will have a working machine for that price. I just hope they can get here by friday. Seriously considering buying a second 700W, we cant afford this kind of downtime.

On a side note, does anyone know if the HP H series hybrids use the same ink and heads as the 700/800? Im curious how similar the prints would be from machine to machine, like could i print the sames jobs on either and look identical without too much fuss. I hate fuss.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Will do. So far $49.00 for the call to tech support, and $1700 for parts and labor. They say that I will have a working machine for that price. I just hope they can get here by friday. Seriously considering buying a second 700W, we cant afford this kind of downtime.

On a side note, does anyone know if the HP H series hybrids use the same ink and heads as the 700/800? Im curious how similar the prints would be from machine to machine, like could i print the sames jobs on either and look identical without too much fuss. I hate fuss.
You mean R-series? It's the same GEN4 ink and printhead is same technology but physically it's larger.
It's not really 100% comparable, it's big machine, not meant for all the small stuff. Still does good work but not identical to 700.

Last edited:

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
You mean R-series? It's the same GEN4 ink and printhead is same technology but physically it's larger.
It's not really 100% comparable, it's big machine, not meant for all the small stuff. Still does good work but not identical to 700.
Yeah your right, i was typing too fast I guess the R Series. We definitely do alot of big stuff. Sure would be nice to be able to print 8' tall banners in house, as well as installation patterns over 60" in once piece.