• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

replaced dampers and the ink will not flow

schurms

You can prime the dampers with a syringe. Did you do that ? And if that Doesn't get it rolling after priming the damper you can park heads over capping station and use a syringe and pull thru capping station. Good luck as that should get you going. Also make sure dampers are sealed good to the heads as a air leak will screw it up.

Bomboza

1. Will the machine print a nozzle check?
2. When you did the head wash, was there good fluid movement thrugh the system?
3. Did you have good ink flow before you changed the dampers?
4. Did you replace the O rings when you replaced the dampers?
5. Did you inspect the brass fittings and O rings that connect the ink tubes to the dampers.
6. Did you verify that the dampers were seated good to the print head, and that the nipple on the print head or the damper nipple was not cracked or damaged?
7. Does the rubber seal on the capping assembly appear to be worn or damaged causing a poor seal?
8. How long was the print head uncapped during the time you were replacing the dampers.
9. Have you tried placing a lint free cloth over the maintenance station soaked with cleaning fluid and place the head over it and lower head gap to soak the head?

It sounds like you may need to have the maintenance station replaced or it may even be a fuse for the print head. If you have ink movement through system but it will not print, it is possible that the CR cable may be damaged or not connected properly, or the fuse for the print head may be blown. You can try turning off the machine and unplugging it for at least one hour to completely de-energize the unit and allow the electronics to reset and try again.

Valentino

yeah, GEI had to come out. my maintenance station went out, so they replaced that, and then reinstalled the same head to make sure it sits on the new cap correctly. and bam the ink was flowing.

they also came and fixed my bad media sensor that would always throw Undefined media at me.