• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacing Mimaki JV33-160 - How do you install a new main board?

bigred247

Hey guys,

Does anybody have any instructons on how to install a new main board in a Mimaki JV33-160? I purchased the board from digi print supplies.

See: http://www.digiprint-supplies.com/jv33-main-pcb-assy-m011425.html

I can do the installation of the atual board but do not know of the steps in performing configuration/programming to get the priner to communicate with the new board. Does anybody have any idea?

My old board is faulty so is going in the bin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Do you have the parameters downloaded from the old main board? If not, you will need to get the original parameters from Mimaki.

There is a jumper that comes with the new board that needs to be installed on the board to tell it which model it is. If you didn't get one, look on your old board and reuse that one. It will be blue or brown usually with a little wire sticking out of it. Install it on the new board exactly where it was on the old board and you should be fine.

Once everything is installed, update the firmware first and then upload the parameters. If you have the parameters from the old machine make sure that the firmware you upload matches the version you were on before is failed. If you are starting with the parameters from Mimaki, make sure the firmware matches the version stated in the parameters. A mismatch will cause problems.

Double check all of the alignments and you should be good to go. If you don't have the parameters from the old board, you will need to re-setup any cleaning settings and print settings etc.